Psoriasis Club
KatT intro - Printable Version

+- Psoriasis Club (https://psoriasisclub.org)
+-- Forum: HealthHealth Boards (https://psoriasisclub.org/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://psoriasisclub.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: KatT intro (/thread-6451.html)

Pages: 1 2

KatT intro - KatT - Mon-23-09-2019

Hi!

Found this site while browsing for information on biologics.  I have been diagnosed with plaque psoriasis , which is hereditary in my family, 25 years ago and psoriatic arthritis  (the first in the family) 10 years ago.  Wow, writting this down  makes me feel old!

Started on biologics 2 years ago because of the arthritis.   I was tired of being in pain. Still am!

I am on Cosentyx which pretty much cleared up my psoriasis Big Grin  but my rheumatologist just increased the dose as it wasn't doing anything for the arthritis.  Hope it works!

Tried humira and stelara before.

Thanks for letting me join!
Kat

RE: KatT intro - Caroline - Mon-23-09-2019

Hello Kate,

Welcome to the psoriasis club.
You are the second Kat in the club so I started to call you Kate if you don’t mind. But if you do, just give a shout and your preferenced name. Smile

You already have a long history in Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis.
And you are a example of how different people are, as most people who have Cosentyx, do have it because of their Psoriatic Arthritis and it tends to help for that.

Enjoy yourself on our forum.
We like hearing your experience with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis to match with our own experiences.

We are not always serious, so we also have a less serious Off Topic section, where even some will declare that they are the only sane ones on this forum, be aware for those claims.... Smile

Cheers Caroline

RE: KatT intro - jiml - Mon-23-09-2019

Hi Kat I'm glad you found us,.  Welcome to the club we are a friendly group of sufferers sharing experiences of what works and what doesnt, if you have a question  there's usually someone with an answer or can point you towards an answer here .
We have built up a huge amount of information about the disease and it's treatment and a wealth of personal experiences of all prescribed drugs, Fred has built this site to be friendly and free for all users, and you will never see spam, advertising or requests for donations. Have a good hunt around there are lots of threads about Cosentyx and I'm sure others will jump in with their experience of it
I wish you luck and hope the increased dose will do the trick for your arthritis

RE: KatT intro - Turnedlight - Mon-23-09-2019

Hi there nice to meet you Wave

RE: KatT intro - Fred - Mon-23-09-2019

Hello KatT  Welcome to Psoriasis Club.

I will stick to calling you KatT as we do have a "Kat" and I would hate to muddle you up. (That can easily happen after a few Merlot's)  Big Grin

You say they are increasing your dose of Cosentyx I take you have been on 150mg, I take 300mg and it's the best thing I have ever taken for psoriatic arthritis so hopefully it will work for you too.

Enjoy Psoriasis Club, we also have a very active Off Topic board [Group Specific] if you want a break from psoriasis so just dive on in.

Regards.

Fred.

RE: KatT intro - Kat - Mon-23-09-2019

Welcome from one Kat to another!

Glad the Cosentyx is working for you. There's lots of info and friendly people here so you've found a great place!

RE: KatT intro - Raxyl - Mon-23-09-2019

Welcome Kat, plenty of good info and friendly people here.  I'm also on Cosentyx, I hope it goes well for you and you get on top of the PA.

Cheers,
Craig

RE: KatT intro - KatT - Tue-24-09-2019

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Not sure I'm doing this right....first time I join a club/site and I'm not too good with technology.  Will spend some time exploring and learning how to navigate!

I don't mind being called Kate

Yes, I was on 150 mg before although the recommended dose is 300....don't know why I was started on a lower dose but was given the choice to try another option or increase the dose.  I chose to increase it ...give Cosentyx a chance!

RE: KatT intro - jiml - Tue-24-09-2019

(Tue-24-09-2019, 00:11 AM)KatT Wrote: Thanks for the warm welcome!

Not sure I'm doing this right....first time I join a club/site and I'm not too good with technology.  Will spend some time exploring and learning how to navigate!

I don't mind being called Kate

Yes, I was on 150 mg before although the recommended dose is 300....don't know why I was started on a lower dose but was given the choice to try another option or increase the dose.  I chose to increase it ...give Cosentyx a chance!

Yes you are doing it right Clap it can be difficult finding you way around a different site, but don't worry there is nobody here to judge, if you're ever unsure just shout and someone will advise you and if you do make a mistake that can be rectified so just relax and be yourself

It's good you're sticking with cosentyx it's proving to be a very effective drug for most who take it I'm sure it will be as effective on the arthritis when you get on full dose
Good luck

RE: KatT intro - Fred - Tue-24-09-2019

Yes as Jim said you are doing it right, but don't worry as no one here will pull you up for getting it wrong. If you are never sure just shout out, we have a very friendly bunch of members.

But at the end of the day I can always correct any mistakes.

By the way well done for joining in with the music recommendations.  78